How to apply for Canada Student Visa?
Thousands of students apply for a Canada student visa for their bright future. Unfortunately, some of them get rejected due to some reasons like inappropriate information, low band score and unsuitable chosen diploma and degree program etc. we are here to help you out, we have described how to prepare your file for applying for a Canada student visa.
- Get your Documents Ready :You have to show the following documents when apply for a study permit:
- A photocopy of your medical examination confirmation
- A photocopy of your approval letter from a DLI
- A proof of your first year’s tuition fee payment
- A proof of a Guaranteed Investment Certificate(GIC) of $10,000
- A photo copy of IELTS (International English Language Testing System) certificate, you must have least overall 6 Band in IELTS, or a minimum score of 7 in French language.
After that you can either apply online or on paper with the visa application fee CAD 150.
- Check Your Eligibility: You must have following eligibility for applying:
- Be enrolled at a DLI
- Must have adequate funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses
- No criminal record
- Clear medical exam
- Convincing power to show the immigration officer that you will go back to your home nation after completing your study in Canada
- A letter of explanation to support your visa application, including your career objectives, the reason of the selection of a particular program and why you have taken a decision to pursue the program in Canada.
- Two Options to Apply: You can either apply online or on paper.
For Applying Online:
- Create an account on official website and after getting login info, upload all the necessary documents that have been listed.
- After uploading pay your visa fee of CAD150 (~Rs 7,800).
- Then submit and track your visa application.
For Applying On Paper:
You should read the instruction guide on Canadian official website. Get ready your all documents and application and send it to a visa application center that covers your area.
- Wait For Visa Processing
The probable time for a Canadian student visa for an Indian student is 5 weeks. For more information you can check your application on Canadian official website.
- Get Your GIC
You can get your GIC of $10,000 from a participating financial institution or from a www.cdic.ca.
- Medical Examination
Get your medical examination done from one of the physicians listed on their website. This usually happens after a month after submitting your application. You have to carry some documents like your ID, passport, the Medical Report Form (IMM 1017E) etc along with you while going to medical examination.
When get your study permit, arrange your dwelling. You can contact Quadatyork for getting the Apartments near York University.