A guide to Student Houses in Newcastle
Excited about starting college or university in Newcastle this year? Why not get ‘ahead of the game’ now, and think about your student accommodation? With this handy guide to student houses in Newcastle, we hope to motivate you get yourself sorted as soon as possible, thus saving you time and money later!
What do I need to know about student houses in Newcastle?
One of the first things you should know is the harsh truth – there’s good and bad student houses in Newcastle, and a variety of rogues (agencies and landlords) trying to con you out of your student loan.
Far better to use a trusted student houses in Newcastle provider, such as Find Space, and let their happy tenants speak themselves – just like in the numerous five star Google Reviews they’ve written online.
What should I look for in student houses in Newcastle?
Above all, you need to be reassured, especially about standards of student accommodation. No cramped rooms, no single beds and no poorly-maintained properties, which are only three of the common complaints.
Ideally, look for a Newcastle student house provider that can provide :-
- competitive rates – £65/70 ppw is a good starting rate
- no agency fees – why pay more to a third party, when you could rent direct?
- wide variety of locations available – properties in the popular student areas of Sandyford, Heaton, Desmond, Shieldford and other parts of Newcastle upon Tyne
- no upfront fees – often landlords demand high deposits or additional bonds when renting, but this is not necessary
- secure properties – look for insured properties, with security locks and high security keys
- safe properties – e.g. burglar and fire alarms
- well maintained – ideally look for next-day repairs
- reassured – fully accredited and deposit protected providers are a must in the student accommodation sector
- comfortable properties – double glazed and cetntral heating throughout ideally
- spacious – double bedrooms, with bright spacious bathrooms are necessary in shared student accommodation
- well-appointed properties should contain a TV, and be broadband-ready (you’ll need Google for your coursework!)
So how do I find a good provider of student houses in Newcastle?
Perhaps the first step should be in searching online for a Newcastle student accommodation provider that can match all of the above. Look for the good reviews to start with, especially on trusted sites like Google.
Check a company’s website, perhaps even their social media channels, as often there are excellent details – photos, videos etc. – of available properties, so you can search with confidence.
Matching a property to both your needs and your budget is equally important, so you should look for student houses in Newcastle that are part of a wide managed portfolio. By choosing the bigger providers of Newcastle student accommodation, they obviously can provider the broader choice for you – more locations, more properties, more options!
Finally, perhaps the best way is to trust the reviews of other students who have been in your shoes, looking for good Newcastle student accommodation from a trusted provider, and are happy to place reviews on their websites.